Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Day

Hello Human World!

My name is Lecter.
Yes, as in Hannibal.
My parents decided to name me Lecter because they thought it would be a super cool name for a Doberman and I have come to be a super cool dog.

Over the past six months I have developed some pretty nasty habits like growling and lunging at people. I am also made a nasty habit of muzzle punching them if they get too close. That means I'm only a short stroll away from chomping down. Mom and dad don't want that, and really I don't want to either. What people don't see is that I am severely sensitive, and concerned. I react easily, and it takes me a lot to relax.

Because of my problems with people my mom and dad have decided to take me to a dog trainer who hopefully will turn in my life around. I look forward to it.

We had our first meeting today and I feel really good about it. I sniffed her, and gave her kisses to let her know that I like her. She seems like a really cool human that understands how I feel, and I am becoming aware that it's hard to come across humans that speak dog. Humans are slow sometimes, but not this one.

Mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa all attended. I was nervous and pacing and they did a bunch of funny tests on me. And kept rewarding me for laying down! What an easy trick! See why I like this new lady!

We went outside and dad started running. He knows that I hate running. Oh how it works me up. I wish people would just slow down and stop moving so quickly! If only I could teach the world what I would like it to do!

I also met a man that scared the poop outta me, but he didn't eat me.
It makes me wonder if men aren't so bad (all of the time).

Mom and I went for a walk when we got home. I think she was super excited, I could feel how happy she was. It was hot and I was tired but I decided to amuse her by letting her feed me more treats.

All I had to do was look at people and I got a fist full of cheese and hot dog! This training is great :)

A lady behind a bush scared me half to death and I let her know. Plus a boy was on the sidewalk riding his bike and scared me again. The real world is so much scarier than the training place.

We had a good walk all-in-all. I didnt' growl at little kids at the park, or tons of people that were outside, or on a walk in the neighborhood. I just wish mom would stop getting so tense every time we see someone running towards us or biking. All that does is get my panties in a bunch too!

I had a really good day, and I can't wait for the day every one doesn't worry me so much. I don't like to worry, and I don't like my family to either.




And at the end of the day my mom gave me a huge hug and told me what a good boy I was.

I can't ask for anything more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment